Dane County Permits & Licenses

Dane County offers numerous county permits and licenses to help you get married, enjoy our parks, work for the county, build new structures, and more. Please browse the list below and follow the links for more information.

Marriage License

Ready to make things legal? Find out more information about applying for a marriage license and the marriage process here.

Apply for a Marriage License

Parks Permits

Enjoy Dane County's parks and lakes with permits for Aeromodelling, Disc Golf, Dog Park, Lake Access, Tenney Lock, and Trail Use. Purchase your permit online today.

Learn More About Park Permits

Highway Permit

Public Works, Highway, and Transporation provides highway permits for companies who need to work on or along County highways. 

Apply for a Highway Permit

Small Business Hazardous Waste Disposal Permit

CleanSweep manages the small business program which allows farms and businesses to dispose of agricultural chemicals or other hazardous materials and waste in a convenient and cost-effective manner. 

Learn More About CleanSweep

Erosion & Stormwater Permits

The Land & Water Resources Department manages permits to reduce soil erosion and reduce/minimize negative impacts of stormwater runoff after land disturbing, development, or agricultural activities.

Learn More


Agriculture Related Permits

The Land & Water Resources Department manages permits and certificates to address nutrient application and manure management. Land disturbing activities on agricultural lands projects may also require an erosion control and/or stormwater management permit. 

Learn More


Zoning, Landuse & Development Permits

Planning & Development manages zoning and development permits for land use changes and new construction and improvements in Dane County, Wisconsin. View our various types of CUP and zoning permits below. 

Conditional Use Permit

Floodplain Zoning Permit

Shoreland Zoning Permit

Zoning Permit